A cocktail is an alcoholic drink. It is made by adding additional items such as syrup, sugar, other alcoholic beverages, fruit juice, liqueur, etc. to enhance the texture, aroma, and taste of the drink. They are also known as Aperitifs.
Aperitifs are alcoholic drinks taken before starting the meal to help in increasing the appetite. Therefore, it may be considered as a starter and cosmopolitan cocktail is the most savored cocktail favored by cocktails around the world. Other than that, cocktails are made with different methods. Let us take a look.
Types of Cocktail Mixes
Any great cocktail is made around its basic or main ingredient which is liquor. Liquors are divided into 6 main categories. Your guests will decide the cocktails based on these. So, your bar must have this basic alcohol with other additional things to mix the classic cocktails.
The Cocktail Mix
Now, the next step in curating your menu for cocktails would be sleeting cocktails mixes for enhancing the flavor. If you are opting for fruit-based cocktails, make sure the fruit juice is freshly squeezed. For instance, if you plan to make a good old classic pine colada, make sure the pineapple juice and coconut milk are freshly squeezed. Types of liqueurs, syrups, and crushes are used to spice the drinks.
Having exotic glassware and garnishing essentials is a must. Olives, lime, oranges, mint and ice would suffice. Though there are some readymade mixes available in the market for making the drinks such as: -
- Cosmopolitan mix for Martini
- Pina colada mix
- Mojito mix
- Margarita mix
- Bloody mary mix
- Bourbon and sweet and sour mix
- Salt, cucumber, celery stalk
Key terms for ordering cocktails
Everyone tries something for the first time when visiting one of the best cocktail bars just like they have in Bangkok.
This list of terms is for those who are ordering a cocktail for the first time. You should know how to say what you want or understand if the bartender tries to make it clear, in case you are inquisitive about the recipe.
- One the rocks- It doesn't mean some kind of rock is mixed for adding flavor. It means the drink will be served with ice cubes.
- Up- Up means that the drink is shaken in a tumbler with ice to retain the coolness but ice is not added because it may melt and mess with the flavor and taste.
- Dirty- Dirty is a famous term for martini. It is a classic cocktail mix made with soda, mint, salt, wine, and vodka. It may be infused with a flavor-enhancing bitter syrup such as brine to give an acidic taste.
- Neat- When any basic liquor is served without any ice or water, it is known as neat.
Alcohol infusers for an edgy party
Alcohol infusers are used for enhancing the aroma and flavor of the drinks. With the availability of readymade infusers, you may mix a cocktail at your house party without hiring a bartender to do the job. Mix and match the flavors to make your signature cocktail. You can only remain relevant in the food and hospitality business if you serve something new and everlasting.